Monday, March 12, 2012

A-vo-ca-do!

So I'm looking over these very nice amber teacups when a woman from the other side of the room says to no one in particular, 'What the heck is that?!' while holding up that odd green, um, implement.

I look over, as do the rest of the people in the room. No one else wants to help?

"It's an avocado slicer," I say. She looks at me like I'm crazy. Other thrifters shuffle away. 'Who would want that?' She tosses it down and walks away from housewares.

I walk over and scoop it up. Am I the only one who hates nicking my fingers while trying to slice an avocado inside it's peel?


And would you believe that I've never read 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea? I have read Mysterious Island, which is kind of a follow-up. So I think it's time.

These are some classics to avoid, and some to seek out. I advise seeking out Jules Verne.

No comments:

Post a Comment