Saturday, November 5, 2011

Mawwiage

I went to my friend's wedding tonight. I expected it to be a fun occasion. I expected to see a few friend's I haven't seen in a long time.

I expected to recognize someone besides the bride and groom.

Okay, I also recognized the best man. I remember him from high school. What I most remember is that he was an ass. He hasn't changed much.

The best part is that he didn't recognize me.

The ceremony was disorganized. We were only sitting a third of the way back, but we couldn't hear anything except the minister. And he kept tripping over the bride's name. The cocktail hour was just salad and the music was country. I am not a fan. Dinner was worse. The beef was fatty and under-cooked. As was the chicken. It was a bad experience had by all.

All that would have been fine. What wasn't was that they only have a small group of friends. Most of them were in the bridal party. Except for our table of misfit guests. None of us knew each other. Everyone else was family. They both seem to be the last of their lines. They didn't have any cousins under fifty.

We left early and got sandwiches on the way home. But our gift looked rockin!

No comments:

Post a Comment