Friday, September 23, 2011

Late arrival

I picked up these items earlier in the week, but my camera was just being a pain with the uploading. So the pictures are finally here!
I got some nice stuff in this haul. The teacup is tin gift packaging. The birds and cherries plate is also tin. My kitchen is red, so I'm sure I can find a place for it. The little ceramics are spice jars. I wish I had found more than two. I just hope that there are more in the back somewhere that just haven't been put on the floor yet.

Depression glass. How I love it. The colors. The shapes. The prices....not so much. The little bowl was only two dollars which is awesome, but it does have a chip taken out of the bottom edge. But then again, I'm a casual collector who just likes pretty things. I don't need my things to have an A1 grade. Leave that to the people who are that obsessed.

I don't mean that I'm going to buy dinner plates with chips or glasses with cracks. But if it's going to be used in a purely decorative manner, I'm okay with some imperfections. I'm cheap that way. If I was a millionaire, I'd be hard pressed to drop over $50 on something other than furniture. Spending cash in larger amounts just makes me uncomfortable.


It's the Mona Cata! It's a small blank notebook, and it was cheap. So it came home with me. Buddha is going to sit in one of my bookcases, next to that cute vintage-y book of course. As soon as I finish reading it.

The witch has already found a home in my seasonal decor and the cute shirt transfers (I got 4 of them for a buck!) are going on some nice little baby shirts for a baby shower I'm going to at the end of the month.

I am so sad that I already have a set of nice pans. I saw some pans that looked heavy duty. They were nice construction, copper bottomed.... I lifted one.... It said Wolfgang Puck. There was a large fry pan, a couple sauce pans and even a double boiler with steamer insert. They were not real cheap. But so much cheaper than retail. I do not have a double boiler and I would like one. But I am looking for one to use in crafty applications. So I can live with my glass bowl over a pan method for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment