Tuesday, August 2, 2011

I almost cried


As I was making my way down the highway this afternoon I spied something on the side of the road.

I am always on the lookout for things that people throw out. But this was not thrown out. It may well have been thrown, and it surely was out, but this was a highway, not a curb.

As I got closer, my heart started beating a little faster. Was that- was that velvet? Yellow velvet? That would match my red velvet sofa with yellow velvet pillows? OMG, was that a freaking yellow velvet wing-back chair on the side of the road?!

Yes. Yes it was. And I have a four door sedan. And no bungee cords. I almost cried when I had to drive on by.

It was lying on it's face with it's feet in the air, but I imagine it would have looked a bit like this.


No comments:

Post a Comment