Thursday, December 20, 2012

The Salmon of Doubt


Creepy little music bit. It was part of a box once. But that was broken into a billion other little bits by a running child. They were just going to throw it out, so I asked for it. They let me have it for 10 cents! That was pretty awesome. My husband can use it in a glass box for me and then it will be even more awesome.

I have a friend who knows stones and is going to take a look at it for me and tell me what it really is. They are red brown, heavy as rocks and remind me of cherries.

And one of my favorite authors is Douglas Adams. I love the Hitchhiker's Guide books, the radio program and the movie... even the Dirk Gently books and Last Chance to See. He had a lot of passion about many things and The Salmon of Doubt really lets you see behind the books. It brings the man to life in a whole other way. It isn't an autobiography, it isn't a novel, its a compilation. Things he was working on when he died. Articles he wrote. Stories about him from other people. It is a beautiful book, and I am thankful that his friends and family shared it, and really, him, with the world.


No comments:

Post a Comment