Monday, January 16, 2012

Anthropomorphism in ceramic

Yeah. That is a fish plate. I know it's weird. But what can I say? It's just awesome!


On his belly are some more nice things. The little glass jar will hold spare earring backs, next to my pretty scarab bracelet and the copper necklace. I have been trying to find jewelry in all kinds of materials lately. I have a few things in brass, one or two in copper and most in silver. Gold doesn't exactly bring out the best in my coloring, so I try to avoid it. But copper and brass are okay. I just need to find earrings to match these things. Silver earrings just don't look very good with copper or brass necklaces.


And I don't know about you, I think Sir Duck is just cute as a bug. The Ikea oranaments are so nice. And so nice of them to still be in their box! I'll put them away in the Christmas bin for next year. But underneath is a small casserole dish from The Pampered Chef. They are the perfect size for a multitude of dips. And perfect for pie too. I just got a subscription to Vegetarian Times and want to try out some of their dishes. There is a mushroom pie that looks beautiful! Not that I'm a vegetarian, but throwing a few meatless meals into rotation aren't a bad thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment