Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Things I am not giving away

I do not have kids. I am not going to have kids for a few more years. I have friends who are having kids left and right. I have found all sorts of awesome things for them at the thrift stores, clothes especially!

These items are not for any of my friends. These things are for me.

Don't tell my mother. She'll get way too excited. But I do plan on having kids. Just not for a few years. It would be to the benefit of everyone if we had a way to pay for diapers and rent when the time comes.

It doesn't mean that I can't plan.

I love the Beatrix Potter series. It's creative, charming, and full of all sorts of characters who believe that it is most important to be nice to each other. And I think that is the most important lesson of all. If you instill a desire to be nice to other people and considerate of their feelings, that person will be pleasant to be around.

Now if only these snow globes were as easy to photograph as the decision to keep them locked away in a box in the attic.

My eventually box is filled with ornaments for the day I have a full sized christmas tree, and baby things. It also has some things my grandmother left me. Her pearls that need to be repaired and her thimble collection. The rest of the box is devoted to baby things. These will go next to the cute outfits I've picked up over the last few years.

But this set is just beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment